Choose City

  • Agartala
  • Agra
  • Ahmedabad
  • Allahabad
  • Amritsar
  • Asansol
  • Aurangabad
  • Bangalore
  • Bathinda
  • Bharuch
  • Bhilwara
  • Bhopal
  • Bhubaneswar
  • Bikaner
  • Burdwan
  • Calicut
  • Chandigarh
  • Chennai
  • Chittorgarh
  • Coimbatore
  • Cuttack
  • Dehradun
  • Delhi NCR
  • Dhanbad
  • Durgapur
  • Gandhinagar
  • Gaya
  • Goa
  • Guwahati
  • Gwalior
  • Howrah
  • Hyderabad
  • Indore
  • Jaipur
  • Jalandhar
  • Jammu
  • Jamshedpur
  • Jhansi
  • Jodhpur
  • Kanpur
  • Kharagpur
  • Kochi
  • Kolhapur
  • Kolkata
  • Kota
  • Lucknow
  • Ludhiana
  • Madurai
  • Mangalore
  • Meerut
  • Moradabad
  • Mumbai
  • Muzaffarnagar
  • Nagercoil city
  • Nagpur
  • Nandyal
  • Navi Mumbai
  • Outside India
  • Palakkad
  • Parwanoo
  • Patiala
  • Patna
  • Pune
  • Raipur
  • Rajkot
  • Ranchi
  • Rourkela
  • Secundrabad
  • Siliguri
  • Solapur
  • Surat
  • Thiruchirappalli
  • Thiruvananthapuram
  • Udaipur
  • Vadodara
  • Varanasi
  • Vijayawada
  • Visakhapatnam

Schools in Ahmedabad

Mount Carmel High School, Navrangpura

CBSE

English

Day School


  • Locality: Navrangpura
  • Landmark: Navrangpura
  • Full Address: Navrangpura, Ahmedabad - 380009.
  • Phone No: 079 - 26588360.
  • Email: office@mountcarmelahmedabad.com
  • Website: mountcarmelahmedabad.com

  • About
  • Details

Overview


85 years ago on the 18th of January 1923, Mount Carmel took birth in Ahmedabad, under the guidance of Srs. Mercedes, Marianne and Angelica. The School started with four classes, just 20 students in Mirzapur. In 1924, the strength of the school rose to 110. With the efforts of the sister of the Apolostic Carmel Society and the good staff the school grew in strength till the cries of ’no room, no room’ echoed everywhere.

The building at Mirzapur has soon to be given up. In June 1935 Mount Carmel re-opened in Shahibaug, a large house with bus facilities. But even this prove to be too small to house the 700 pupils. The School t hen moved in to Ellis Bridge area into a small building owned by Mr. Bhulabhai on the banks of the river Sabarmati.

Specifics

  • We give God the first place in our lives and we begin our activities with a prayer.
  • We try to be friendly with one another in and out of school.
  • We respect the beauty of the school premises and we report any damage which we may observe.
  • We avoid dropping waste-paper, crumbs of food in the school verandahs, stairs or any where in the school premises, we make it a point to put it into the basket.
  • We strive to learn and observe good manners in school and outside.
  • We rise when any teacher, elder or visitor enters or passes through any room or place where we happen to be.
  • We are ready to share our talents and our things with those who are in need.
  • Share the work for the well-being of our school and humanity.
  • We make conscious efforts to be courteous and sportsman-like with opposing teams and officials.
  • These traditions are small things in themselves and they cannot be forced upon since this would destroy their value. The desire to observe them must spring from within; only thus can one’s character be formed.

  • Type Of School: Public
  • Grades: 1-10
  • School Day: Monday - Saturday
  • Timing: 10am - 5pm
  • Gender: Co-Educational
  • Religion: All
  • Curriculum: CBSE
  • Language: English
  • Fees: Contact to School
Infrastructure

http://mountcarmelahmedabad.com/cmspage.php?pgid=146

Extra Curricular Activities

  • Social Studies
  • Science
  • Mathematics
  • Computer Science
  • Physical Education
  • Language
  • Arts
  • Music
  • Dance & Painting 

Additional Details

On 25th April 1938 the land at Navrangpura was handed over to Sr. Carola and on 21st December, Her Excellency Lady Lumely inaugurated t his edifice of learning. In 1948 Mount Carmel celebrated ts silver ubilee. The city clamored for more admissions because of the excellence in learning and the emphasis of the scholar and woman, Mount Carmel produced. By 1949 the growing numbers in the primary forced us to take up ‘Sunbeama’ on rent, where on March 1st 1952 the school started for std. I to III and K.G.

Then in 1953 a new block ‘Carmelita’ was added at Navrangpura by Sr. Electa. Sr. Fidela added a second floor to it in 1960 (now the residence of the sisters) The Annex block an extension of the main building was put up by Sr. Zena in 1958, Sr. Bernard got the third floor built in 1963, which afforded enough room to run parallel mediums - English and Gujarati.

The Swelling numbers necessitated the creation of Carmel Cote i n 1964 on the banks of river Sabarmati. Which embraced within its portals the children of the primary department - K. G. - 4th. Thanks once again to Sr. Bernard.
In 1973, Mt.Carmel witnessed it’s Golden Jubilee followed by the Diamond Jubilee in 1983. 1987 was another landmark in the history of Carmel .

Sr. Maria Rosa’s dream of starting a computer unit was realized. 1992 ushered a new era, Sr. Flavia Dias added another milestone. The Higher Secondary section was built on pillars.

Specialty

Day School


Locate Us