Venue: PAN India Exam Date: To be announced
What is the test about?
Civil Services Examination is the competitive examination conducted
by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to the
various Civil Services of the Government of India, including Indian
Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian
Police Service (IPS) as well as Group A and Group B Central Services.
examination is conducted in two phases - the Preliminary examination
(CSAT), consisting of two objective-type papers (General Studies and
Aptitude Test), and the Main examination followed by the Personality
Who is eligible?
Limits- 21-30 years as on 1st August of the year of examination
What are the test syllabus, duration and format?
Civil Services Preliminary Examination consists of two papers i.e. General Studies Paper-I and General Studies Paper - II. (CSAT). Both the papers carry 200 marks each. Paper I contains 100 questions of 2 marks each and Paper II CSAT contains 80 questions of 2.5 marks each. The Question Papers (Test Booklets) are set in English & Hindi
SyllabusPaper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
Paper II - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
key dates for application and registration
Yet to be announced
Who conducts the test?
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Which colleges/institutes accept the test?
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road,
New Delhi - 110069
Exam Applications Technical Query -
011-23388088 / 23098591 Ext.4930