Welcome to Baldwin Co Education Extension School, a member of the prestigious Baldwin Family, facilitated by the Methodist Church in India. This School is an extension of Baldwin Boy's High Schools which have just finished celebrating their 125 th Anniversary in 2005.The School motto 'Reverntia Jehovae estcaput sapientae taken from book of Psalms from the Holy Testament, "The Fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom" sums up the ideals of the school to meet the challenges of the world".Baldwin Institutions are named after their benefactor & philanthropist, John Baldwin of Berea, Ohio, USA. The name “Baldwin” descends from a royal lineage and is of German extraction, meaning “Bold Winner”.
- Day School
- School provides transportation
- I to X
- ICSE Board
- English Medium
- Day School
- Co-ed School
- Grades: 1-10
- School Day: Monday - Saturday
- Timing: 10am - 5pm
- Gender: Co-Educational
- Religion: All
- Principal: Vijaykumar Koujalgi
- Curriculum: Indian(CBSE)
- Language: English
- Fees: N.A.
The School is located in Raja Rajeswari Nagar, with ample greenery and landscaped gardens, where students can ideally interact with nature.
The School has a Playground, Playpen, Indoor Sporting Facilities, AVI, Library, Auditorium, Serving the recreational aspects of Education. There are three phases for Kindergarten, Junior and Senior School, each designed to suit the requirements of these three age groups.
Extra Curricular Activities
The Baldwin Co-education High School taps the hidden talents through various sports, Curricular & Co-curricular activities. The emphasis on extra -curricular activities like Debates, Elocution, Dance, Singing, Drawing, Painting, Music & Sports all add up to make the child better person for tomorrow.
Rev Ira A. Richards served as Principal from August 1880-1885. The stark reality of very few students, no salaries for stall and bank balance showing “NIL”- the school was on the brink of closing down. This did not discourage him, the school quickly grew. The strength of the school was 81 pupils with six teacher in 1881.
In 1882, Mr John Baldwin, 83, presented the school with three thousand dollars to acquire land and buildings. The rented property was purchased and renovated as a dormitory for boys for Rs. 5500. It was later that he asked the South India Conference for Rs. 6000 to purchase the adjoining building and hire two new teachers. The School was renamed Baldwin High School in honors of its benefactor, John Baldwin. From this year (1883) onwards the school grew from the strength to strength.
Baldwin Co- Education (Extension) High School is the first branch of the family of Baldwin Boy’s and Girl’s School at Richmond Town, conceptualized and initiated to serve and cater to the educational needs of the children of the surrounding areas of Rajarajeshwari Nager. We believe that noble qualities are the cornerstones of the school. The School motto Reverentia Jehovae est caput sapientiae taken from book of Psalms from the Holy Testament, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom” sums up the ideals of the school to meet the challenges of the world.
The watch words- Loyalty and Service, Righteousness and Truth are the bed rock of the school’s foundation and continue to inspire the students of Baldwin Institutions.