BGS International Residential School, Bangalore, India, was founded by His Holiness Jagadguru Padmabhushana Dr. Sri Sri Sri Balagangadharanatha Swamiji of Adichunchanagiri Math, in 1997 and formally inaugurated on 19th January 2001 by the then Prime Minister of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The school is one of the finest centers of learning in India. It is a co-educational and also residential school having foreign and NRI students from all over the world.
The school reposes in the lap of nature off Bangalore-Mysore National Highway, in a sprawling 100 acres of safe and pollution free environment surrounded by a beautiful valley. The campus is absolutely calm, quiet, with large areas of gardens, lawns and playgrounds that merges with nature.
The courses of study and curriculum have been designed with an aim that students from all over the world can take their Secondary and Senior Secondary school certificate examination under the Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E).
- School provides transportation
- I to XII
- CBSE Board
- English Medium
- Day School
- Co-ed School
- Grades: 1-12
- School Day: Monday - Saturday
- Timing: 8:30am - 3:pm
- Gender: Co-Educational
- Religion: All
- Principal: Geetha Basavaraj
- Acronym: BGSIRS
- Curriculum: Indian(CBSE)
- Language: English
- Fees: N.A.
The school and hostel buildings have an aesthetic architecture conceived by Swamiji which adorn the campus and are amongst the finest in the country.
All the amenities and facilities that BGSIRS incorporates are :
- 40 large, bright and airy rooms with smart boards which are used as classes, activity rooms and administration
- Seminar hall
- Computer lab with AV Room
- An Audio-visual room with OverHead Projectors and Smart Board.
- Separate, fully equipped and sophisticated Laboratories for Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- 2 IT Laboratories with 50 computers connected to broadband Internet.
- A digital resources Library with over 10,000 books and Internet enabled computers.
- Kindergarten equipment with Scientific Toys.
- Teach Next interactive classrooms.
- Ten state of art Multi-media learning centers.
- The"Math Lab" is all about learning verifying and visualising mathematical concepts.
- Indian & Western Instruments for Music & dance training
- A 1500 capacity auditorium with state of art lighting and acoustic
- Well equipped Gymnasium
- Indoor Sports like Badminton, Table Tennis, Carrom, Chess and Boxing
- Playgrounds for Cricket, Football, Hockey, Basketball, Lawn Tennis, Volleyball, Throw ball
- Playground for Kindergarten children
- Yoga, Meditation
- Swimming, Skating and Horse Riding
- 10 school buses and 3 cars with GPS contact.
- Boys dormitories (North wing) five floors
- Girl's dormitories (south wing) three floors
- Three Dining Halls
- Fully Mechanized Kitchen with cold storage
- Fully Mechanized Bakery
- Fully Mechanized Laundry
Boarders have spacious and comfortable dormitories with excellent toilet and solar hot water facilities. The kitchen is modern, well equipped and automated. A balanced and nutritious diet is served in well-ventilated dining halls for Boarders and Day scholars.
Extra Curricular Activities
- School Council
- Science Club
- Health Club
- Mathematics Club
- Civic Club
- Literary Club
- Magazine Committee
- Art & Craft Club
- Eco Club
- Music & Dance Club
The school is dedicated to prepare students to be conscientious and responsible citizens with a sense of integrity and honesty which will be imbibed with a spirit of adventure, exploration, research and creativity. The school believes in uniqueness and fostering each individual's potential and therefore, provides varied opportunities for successful living and growth.
A child-centered education with the concept of an all-round development of the individual child is the foremost philosophy of BGSIRS.
- The pursuit of excellence in character building studies, games, sports, co-curricular activities.
- The development of personality, self-reliance, courage, self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Thus bringing about of a total transformation in a student not only in academics but also in physical, mental, emotional,spiritual, social, aesthetic and creative thinking.
- Encouraging students with a desire for lifelong learning.
- The fostering of independent thinking, thoughtful decision-making, critical analysis and appreciation and understanding of differences of opinion.
- The discovery of a student in knowing what it is to live and grow, with clarity of thought, in harmony with nature, with beauty and freedom in the world.
- Inculcating the best in Indian culture and tradition among its pupils and fostering in them lasting moral values.
- Creating responsible, disciplined and secular citizens, who are fully aware of their social, moral and cultural obligations and commitments, with a desire for unbounded service to humanity.
- To develop a patriotic outlook in Students with an everlasting desire to serve the country.
- Establishing true equality among all students, irrespective of caste or community, status and background. The school will promote positive interpersonal relationships, where students can work together and become caring and sharing individuals, with a concern and feeling for others.
- Promoting International friendship and understanding by admitting students from different parts of the world, to enable them to learn about India, its rich cultural heritage, ethos and values.