Our parents and staff, but particularly our fantastic students tell us that Delhi Public School is a very special place.
After "Laying the Foundation of Excellence" in 2000, we continuously ensure that students enjoy school in a happy, safe and secure environment designed to fulfil their potential. Consequently, we pride ourselves on our reputation as a respectful, caring and dynamic school that places student welfare and progress at the heart of all that we do.
At DPS Bhopal we are passionate about learning in every sense and match our clear focus on academic excellence with a strong commitment to personal, social and emotional development. All our students are individuals of whom we have the highest expectations. This aspiration underpins our culture of hard work and personal support making success both expected and natural.
The vibrant and energetic student community is encouraged to be tolerant and respectful of others and to become responsible citizens of the wider community.
Our students develop confidence and deep love of learning, accessing a huge range of academic, social, sporting and cultural opportunities.
- Day School
- School provides transportation
- I to XII
- CBSE Board
- English Medium
- Day School
- Co-ed School
- Grades: 1-12
- School Day: Monday - Saturday
- Timing: 10am - 5pm
- Gender: Co-Educational
- Religion: All
- Principal: Ajay K. Sharma
- Curriculum: CBSE
- Language: English
- Fees: Contact to school
- School Library: At Delhi Public School, Bhopal we believe library is an essential part of once learning as it helps in providing information, inculcates ideas and develops knowledge, which is essential for functioning successfully in today's information and knowledge, based society. School has 2 well-equipped libraries - one for the Primary Section and the other for Senior & Secondary Sections.
- Science Labs: The school has well equipped Biology, Physics and Chemistry labs where regular practical are conducted for all children from class IX onwards. We also have junior science lab used to introduce concepts to the students from smaller classes.
- Subject Labs: The fast changing world scenario has brought about new ideas and concepts in the educational field and hence DPS Bhopal has developed subject labs for geography and math. These labs are equipped with various 3D models, survey instruments, maps, charts and other audio-visual labs aids helping students to make learning an interesting experience.
- Science Park: Pleasure in job puts perfection in the work. The innovative concept ofteaching Science in a play way manner has given birth to a well equipped Science Park which enables children to mingle with Science. The models are so designed to inculcate scientific temper and rational thinking amongst children by making them explore the ideas of mechanics, sound, light and heat. So, the pleasure thus derived helps in perfect understanding of abstract concepts and Science is now a child's play at DPS Bhopal.
- Computer Labs: With computer education growing to be an essential part of modern day living, it has become the priority of the school to make students and teachers computer savvy. The school has 5 Computer labs for the Pre Primary, Primary, Middle & Senior sections with 20 computers each to equip the staff & students. Special courses on animation, graphic designing etc. apart from regular syllabus is imparted. Teachers are given special training in MS Office to bring in more efficiency.
- Language Labs: Promoting many national and international languages to our students the school has a unique language lab which is used for training students with correct pronunciations of tougher words. The languages taught through this lab are English, French, Hindi.
Extra Curricular Activities
It is our firm belief that every child is gifted with creativity, though in varying degrees. To harness such creative traits and tap the talent at an early age, DPS Bhopal offers its students a variety of extracurricular activities.
Vocal and Instrumental music, Dance, Art and Craft and SUPW are integral parts of the education system in the school till Class VIII. After that the exceptional students are given attention through extra classes. The school has managed to create and hone exceptional talent in all these fields. Children regularly have their works presented in national and international exhibitions. In music and dance, the students take regular examinations orgranised by the Government of India. The school has produced many promising musicians and dancers.
We also use various international agencies to support our extra curricular work and also aim to support students in gaining international accreditation, such as the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
The school also holds competitive fixtures against other schools from across the country. Some of the extra curricular activities, which the school encourages its students to be involved with, are:
Arts & Craft | Instrumental Music | Folk & Classical Dance | Debating | Social Work | Poetry | Gardening | Vocal Music | Western Dance |
Our specialist status of being a "DREAM SCHOOL" underpins our dynamic approach to teaching and learning. We integrate Information and Communication Technology fully into the curriculum with students using new technologies to enhance learning experience within all their subjects. This ensures they leave Delhi Public School, Bhopal as confident, able young adults, fully equipped with the skills required to respond effectively to the professional world, whatever path they follow when they leave school.