In response to public demand for a qualitative English medium School, this School was founded at Avadi in the year 1970 by late Major M.K. Hussain. Subsequently, on public request, a branch of the same was started at Ambattur in 1973. The School was then known as Model School and even to this day some call it by that name. During these years the School has made long strides and achieved a high standard both in the field of education and extra curricular activities. In March 1981, the School was renamed after the founder as Hussain Memorial Kinder Cottage Model School. In June 1987, the School was recognized by the Govt. of Tamilnadu and in June 1997 the School was upgraded to a Higher Secondary School and was renamed as Hussain Memorial Matriculation Higher Secondary School. In the year 2005 the School acquired land and established a sports complex with a view to encourage games and sports.
- State Board
- Day School
- School provides transportation
- LKG to XII grade
- Matric Board
- English Medium
- Day School
- Co-ed School
- School provides transportation
- Total 1650 students
- 45 students per class
- Grades: LKG, 1-12
- School Day: Monday - Saturday
- Timing: 8:10am - 4:30pm
- Gender: Co-Educational
- Religion: All
- Principal: A.N. Vaithianathan
- Curriculum: State Board
- Language: English
- Fees: Contact to school
• A well qualified, experience and dedicated faculty.
• Well equipped Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths & Robotics and Computer Lab.
• A well stocked School Library with over 6000 books which are easily accessable to the students.
• Smart Class in all labs and AV Rooms.
• Audio Visual Rooms with adequate number of CD’s including imported software on all subjects.
• Mini Planetarium and Telescope to educate students on the Solar System & Constellations.
• A separate faculty for teaching Abacus from Class I onwards.
• A monthly magazine known as “REFLECTIONS” has been introduced which is entirely managed and edited by the students.
• Indoor Recreation Room with Table Tennis, Chess, Carrom, Scrabble and other Games.
• A Sports Complex which has a Cricket / Football ground, Cricket practice pitches, Volley ball, Basket ball, Throw ball & Tennikoit courts.
• A Tuck Shop for students, providing stationary and light refreshments / confectionary.
• School Bus Facilities.
Extra Curricular Activities
The School firmly believes in the dictum that ‘A Healthy Body gives a Healthy Mind’. To achieve this objective the ECA / CCA and games are properly structures and conducted throughout the Academic Year with all the seriousness it deserves. Some of the salient activities are:-
• The School is divided into four houses and 22 Inter House Competitions for all age groups, as listed at Appendix below, are conducted.
• Class Academic Competitions on Handwriting, Essay Writing, Drawing, Elocution and Recitation are also conducted.
• The students of the School actively participate in the various Inter School Competitions organized by various agencies and many have excelled in most of them. Nine co-curricular Activity Clubs, as listed at Appendix below, assist the students in harnessing their skills and honing on their latent talents.
• To ensure that the desired emphasis is given to Extra Curricular Activities, every Saturday is observed as an ECA Day where the students can choose from the 17 Extra Curricular Activity Clubs which are listed at Appendix below. Well qualified instructors / trainers specially trained in these disciplines conduct the classes for the students.
Scouts and Guides is compulsory for students from class VII to IX. Qualified teachers conduct the classes during non-working hours and students are also taken on a Scouts & Guides Camp to the School camping ground once / twice a year. The Camp is marked with a host of activities encompassing tent pitching, living off the land, cooking, field signals, knots, first aid and finally culminating in a camp fire. The Camp gives the students an actual insight into camp life and the vagaries and opportunities that such a situation affords.
• The School has a full fledged Band where children are trained by professionals. A School Orchestra has been recently started to further enhance the avenues available for students to persue music.
Co - Curricular Activities
1. English Club
2. Tamil Club
3. Hindi Club
4. Science / Nature Club
5. Maths Club
6. Quiz Club (G.K)
7. Art / Painting / Colouring Club
8. Craft Club (Skilorama)
9. Reading Club - Library