P.S. Senior Secondary School affiliated to CBSE was started on 9th June 1976 with a view to cater to the needs of the public, especially in South Chennai and more particularly the employees of Central Government and industrial houses with an All India set up and in the matter of educational of their children. Granted permanent affiliation by the CBSE with effect from 1st April 1987, the school runs classes from Pre K.G. to Class XII. The medium of instruction is English. Other languages taught are Tamil, Hindi and Sanskrit.The school is located in a spacious campus with adequate class-rooms, well equipped laboratories and Libraries. There is an extensive playground area of over 10,000 sq.metres and due importance is given to sports and games. An exclusive “Art Centre’ dedicated to promoting Art and Culture conducts several programmes to identify and nurture talent in Music, Dance, Drawing, Painting & crafts.
- Day School
- School provides transportation
- Nursery to XII grade
- CBSE Board
- English Medium
- Grades: Nursery, 1-12
- School Day: Monday - Saturday
- Timing: 10am - 5pm
- Gender: Co-Educational
- Religion: All
- Principal: Lakshmi Srinivasan
- Curriculum: CBSE
- Language: English
- Fees: Contact to school
- Spacious classrooms with adequate suitable furniture
- Art Center
- Large spacious hall for Yoga / Dance classes
- Exclusive Halls for conducting Dance, Music (Vocal & Instrumental), Drawing and Craft classes
- A fully equipped spacious hall for English Language Activity Centre for Classes I to VIII.
- Five Audio Visual rooms to enable computer aided teaching
- A well equipped Math Lab for classes I – X
- Computer Labs
- A spacious air-conditioned UPS supported computer lab with 65 computers & 2 servers for Classes IX – XII.
- A spacious Junior Computer lab with 25 computers supported by 5 host computers for Classes I – VIII
- Sekhar Hall - An Air-conditioned Lecture Hall with a seating capacity of 150, where lectures, workshops and in-service programmes are conducted.
- An open auditorium with fully equipped audio system with a seating capacity of 400
- A fully equipped KG Activity Room
- A large exclusive Examination Hall to accommodate 150 students
- Science Labs (Secondary & Senior Secondary): Fully equipped science labs for Physics, Chemistry and Biology with a capacity to accommodate 40 students at a time.
- A well equipped Junior Science Lab for the Middle School segment
- Well equipped Environmental Science Lab for Primary students
- Main Computerised Library with a stock of 20,000 Books (Fiction and Non-fiction / and reference books)
- Twenty five journals (Monthly, bimonthly, etc)
- Junior Library with 5000 Books
- Add on library(Computerised) with a circulating inventory of 1500 latest books, which is replenished at the rate of 100 fresh titles every month
- K.G Library with a stock of 1000 books
- Drinking Water - Protected drinking water facility (Aqua guard) is provided for in each of the blocks
- Teacher Resource Centre - The teacher Resource Center houses internet enabled computers with broadband connection, to be used by teachers as a teaching tool and help them in enhancing their teaching activities.
- Sanitary Facilities - The housekeeping department of the school ensures effective, clean maintenance of campus. Adequate number of tiled wash rooms with modern sanitary fitting are located in each of the building blocks i.e., K.G., Primary, Middle School, Secondary and Senior Secondary
Extra Curricular Activities
- Social Studies
- Computer Science
- Physical Education
- Dance & Painting
The school aims at imparting holistic education by promoting and nourishing a wide range of capacities and skills. Pursuit of excellence with sincerity of purpose is what P.S. stands for.
Since its inception in 1976 in a little over 3 decades the school has recorded phenomenal growth both in size and substance. From 265 students and 13 teachers today the school has a student strength of.3100 and nearly 180 teachers and other member of staff.