1. A small seed was sown in 1977 with a great mission & vision to serve Mentally Challenged. With a long experience of 37 years serving the disabled, we are prompted to extend our services to all types of disabled, of all age groups under one roof. It is a non-profit, noncommercial voluntary organization rendering services to the Mentally Handicapped, Physically Disabled, Deaf, Aged, Drug Addicts, Widows and Destitutes. It could become a model in the country as Multi Speciality Rehabilitation Centre. Sweekaar is the only VoluntaryOrganization in the Country, which could reach the unreached, care the uncared rural population. So far we could render our services to 55 lakhs beneficiaries.
2. We could touch only tip of the ice berg, couldn’t go forward because of the great deficiency of trained manpower in the field, which prompted us to start Sweekaar Academy of Rehabilitation Sciences ( SARS ) in 1996. It is the only academy in the Country developing human resource through various training programmes.
3. SARS conducting 31 training programs ranging from Diploma, Degree, P.G, Post P.G, Psy.D & Ph.D courses recognized by State, Central Govt. and Universities. So far 2557 rehabilitation professionals (care givers to the disabled) were contributed to the society, 100% of them are employed Locally & Globally.
4. SARS has four Institutions:i) Institute of Special Education, ii) Institute of Speech and Audiology iii) Institute of Mental Health, iv) Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
5. SARS has four campuses:i) Secunderabad H.Q, ii) Tandur ( Only centre in entire Telangana ), iii) Kadapa ( Only centre in entire Rayalaseema ), iv) Guntur ( Only centre in entire Coastal Andhra )
- Day School
- School provides transportation
- State board Board
- English Medium
- Co-ed School
- Grades: Nursery, 1-10
- School Day: Monday - Saturday
- Timing: 10am - 5pm
- Gender: Co-Educational
- Religion: All
- Principal: N.A.
- Curriculum: Indian(CBSE)
- Language: English
- Fees: N.A.
Extra Curricular Activities
1. Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India leased 1 acre land to Sweekaar in the heart of Secunderabad over which present structures are developed.
2. Govt. of India gives Grant – in –Aid to Sweekaar.
3. Donors to Sweekaar are exempted from Income Tax under Section 80G.
4. Sweekaar enjoys customs duty exemption for all imports
5. Govt. of India by recognizing the services of Sweekaar granted permission to receive contributions from Abroad under FCRA.
6. Sweekaar is recognized as a SIRO (Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation) by Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
7. Sweekaar was assessed and accredited as an Institution of excellence by the Rehabilitation Council of India in the country in the Rehabilitation field and graded as “A” Grade Institute in the Country for Outstanding Performance by High Power Committee of Rehabilitation Council of India (GOI) -2009.
8. Sweekaar is certified an ISO 9001 – 2008 Institution.
9. The yeoman services rendered by the Founder & Chairman of Sweekaar in his individual capacity are included in the book of “Institution Builders in the Rehabilitation Sector in the Country”, published by Rehabilitation Council of India.
10. Sweekaar has the proud privilege of rendering services to the disabled coming from not only all parts of the country from many countries outside India like USA, Gulf countries etc.
11. Sweekaar has hosted National and International professional conferences for pediatricians and ehabilitation professionals.
- » 24th Indian Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (IAPMR) Annual National Conference 04thto 07thJanuary 1996
- » 36th Indian Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (IAPMR) Annual National Conference 18ti to 20th January 2008
- » 2nd National Conference Childhood Disability Group (CDG), Indian Academy of Pediatrics 28th & 29th May 2005
- » 35th National Annual Conference of Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists (IACP) 16th to 18th January 2009.
12. A.P. State Council for Higher Education, Rehabilitation Council of India, Osmania University recognized a number of training courses conducted by Sweekaar.
13. Sweekaar is recognized by five Universities (O.U., Y.V.U., A.N.U., A.O.U., I.G.N.O.U.) and colleges all over the country and selected for placement of their students for field work.
14. GOI and Govt. of A. P. have sanctioned State Information Centre for Disabled which is the apex centre for the state of Andhra Pradesh to give any information about disabled and the services.
15. Mentally Challenged and Hearing Impaired Children received 32 National and International Awards.
16. Founder & Chairman of Sweekaar, Dr. P. Hanumantha Rao received 56 National & International Awards.
17. National & International organizations participated & strengthened our efforts. National Institutions, banks, Industrialists, individuals and International Organizations like Latter – Day Saint Charities, Heart & Hand for the Handicapped, Share & Care Foundation, ATA, etc.
18. Assets made to the extent of Rs.50 crores belong to Sweekaar and no individual have any right on these assets. The organization is run by an elected Governing Body.
19. Memorandum of Articles of Association -Sweekaar – Clause: Article –XIV:
DISSOLUTION is appended below:
Dissolution of Society: This Society may be dissolved if two thirds Members present at a meeting convened for the purpose vote for such dissolution and the time when the Society is to be dissolved and the method to be followed for the disposal and settlement of the Society’s property and debts shall also be determined. Confirmation of the dissolution shall be by two thirds of the members.
Appropriation of Property: If upon the dissolution of the Society as aforesaid there shall remain after satisfaction of all its debts any property, the same shall not be paid to all or any of the members of the Society but shall be given to some other Society / Trust / Institution having similar or identical objects as to that of the Society and which was registered under Sec. 12A of the Income Tax Act 1961 and shall not be repugnant to the provisions of the Section 80G of the Income Tax Act and so determined by a majority of votes of the members present at a meeting to resolve the dissolution.
20. Sweekaar is proud to have the association as partners, but for their support Sweekaar could have not achieved the present stature. Sweekaar is grateful to the donors, well wishers, clients, parents, staff, students, patrons and Governing Body Members.