Jadavpur Vidyapith (Nursery & Primary) has been playing a crucial role in making the school an abode where the child can enjoy the facets of life and rhythm of living .Through all our activities, we aim at inspiring the child to assimilate constructive thinking so that vivacity and virtue co-exist in the storehouse of the mind of the child and hence build up a good personality. Academic excellence is not the only criterion of true education but development of a disciplined body and mind towards “serve the humanity” (our school motto) is what that is nurtured in this institution. The child is stimulated to develop curiosity and interest which in turn lead him towards experimentation, creativity and innovation. More than just acquiring knowledge the child must grow in manifestation of wisdom.Thus, we believe that by imbibing all these attributes of life through our overall teaching –learning program, we shall be able to promote an all-round development of the child so that the child can grow up to be a good and acceptable citizen of the nation.
- Day School
- School provides transportation
- Nursery to V
- State Board
- Bengali Medium
- Day School
- Co-ed School
- Grades: Nursery, 1-5
- School Day: Monday - Saturday
- Timing: 10am - 5pm
- Gender: Co-Educational
- Religion: All
- Curriculum: Indian(CBSE)
- Language: Bengali
Infrastructure at our schools has been specially designed to suit the young, bouncy and eager schoolers, keeping in mind their inquisitive and explorative nature. The arrangements at our schools promote learning through, and with, fun and cheer.
Extra Curricular Activities
National Council of Education, Bengal was established by National leaders during the British rule on March 11, 1906. Sri Aurobindo and Rabindranath Tagore conjoined with the galaxy of luminaries forming the Council’s first faculty. The National Council of Education, Bengal which is the parent body of the Jadavpur University 1955 is also the founder of Jadavpur Vidyapith which was established on 11th March, 1957.
In a discussion with other fellow members and professors of National Council of Education, Bengal- Dr. Triguna Sen raised an issue about the Council’s activity in his chamber at the “Aurobindo Bhawan”. He put forth the suggestion of setting up a model school on the remaining two bighas of land that lay vacant in the possession of the National Council. Thus the journey started.Keeping pace with the ardent desire of Dr. Triguna Sen, a sub-committee was formed to design the course curriculum and syllabus structure of the school. In February 1957, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, President of the council approved the establishment of the school on the basis of the recommendations of the sub-committee.
Setting up of a primary section in their initial stage under the guidance of the teachers. The course curriculum was designed in such a way that the students could be naturally motivated to study and learn. No definite textbooks were prescribed in the first year.