Salt Lake Point School had a humble beginning with a few students in a small house at CA block of Salt Lake in 1976. In the year 1997, the school moved to its new building at CD-249, Salt Lake. In the year 1998, the school got affiliation from the ICSE Board, New Delhi.It is a co-educational English medium school having Nursery, KG-I, KG-II and from standards I-XII. Our academic session is from April- March.
- Day School
- School provides transportation
- I to XII
- CISCE Board
- English Medium
- Day School
- Co-ed School
- Grades: 1-12
- School Day: Monday - Saturday
- Timing: 10am - 5pm
- Gender: Co-Educational
- Religion: All
- Curriculum: Indian(CBSE)
- Language: English
- Transport assistance is given by a number of private chartered buses, to cater to the needs of the students.
- The school has a spacious library with an excellent collection of books. Students are encouraged good reading habits.
- There are three well-equipped laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and a state-of-the-art Computer room.
- Health check-up is performed once in a year by specialized doctors.
- Students are encouraged to participate in various games in order to develop in them the true spirit of sportsmanship. Self-defence, Yoga, Gymnastics and Karate (optional) classes, are also conducted in the school.
Extra Curricular Activities
- The school follows strict discipline, but children are encouraged in excelling ethical and aesthetical perception of life through learning and various co-curriculum.
- Apart from academic affairs, the school has a number of co-curricular activities and cultural programmes. Children participate in various cultural programmes, eg. songs, dance, drama, recitation, which brings variety and involvement in their school life.
- Quiz elocution and debates are organized for the students. The focus is on involving children from all classes in various activities of their interest.
- Annual exhibition is held once a year where students get a scope to exhibit their talents and express their creativity. They make models, draw charts, work on different projects and demonstrate their work to visitors. Arts Exhibition, Games Corner and Food Stalls are organized and conducted by the students themselves.
- The school arranges excursions for different classes in winter. These outings enable the students to enjoy and learn at the same time. Tours and outing to various destinations-historical sites, river banks, parks - provide healthy diversion from the normal routine.
- Games and Sports are compulsory for all. Physical education forms an important part of the curriculum. Games Teachers conduct various sports and train the students in different games. Gymnastics and Athletics are also given due importance. Students have received accolades- awards, and recognition through the years in the school.
The subjects taught in the school are English, Bengali, Hindi, History, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computers, Commerce, Accounts, Economics, Business Studies, Arts, Music and Dance, Karate, Yoga, Games, PT, SUPW\. These classes are held to encourage co-curricular activities and creative skills of all students