Saltlake Siksha Niketan is a benevolent institution, formed by the members of linguistic minority viz. HARYANAVIS & MARWARIS within the meaning of Article30 of the Constitution of India and registered as a non-profit making society under Societies Registration Act. It is governed by a Board of trusties and democratically elected governing body. Its broad aim is the all round development of the society at large.
In particular, it seeks to promote the spread of education, natural regeneration and moral uplift of the young generation to remove social evils and to upgrade the living condition of the poor and downtrodden without taking into account the cast, creed and gender in West Bengal. The area has been selected, taking into mind the underdeveloped suburban part of Salt Lake City, which will be in the heart of the newly developing township at Rajarhat. The School will cater to the needs of Mahisbathan, Salt Lake, Lake Town, Bangur, Baguihati etc areas as well. The increasing population has created a serious and grave academic problem today. Some institutions are there but they are not sufficient in number.
- Day School
- School provides transportation
- LKG to X
- CBSE Board
- English Medium
- Day School
- Co-ed School
- Grades: LKG, 1-10
- School Day: Monday - Saturday
- Timing: 10am - 5pm
- Gender: Co-Educational
- Religion: All
- Curriculum: Indian(CBSE)
- Language: English
- Well equipped laboratories for Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Computer Science.
- Well stocked library where every book, CD, magazine and periodical has been carefully chosen commensurate with the age of the student.
- Flexible remedial classes after school hours for weak students.
- Regular counselling sessions with the help of our in-house counsellor.
- Full scholarship for students displaying academic excellence. Additional part/full scholaeships for students in financial distress.
- Hygenically prepared snacks from the school canteen.
- Regular parent teacher meetings.
- Periodic health check for our students.
- Facilities for outdoor sports and indoor games.
- Fully equipped and large auditorium.
- Transport facility to and from school by reliable and responsible private operators.
Extra Curricular Activities
- Social Studies
- Computer Science
- Physical Education
- Music, Dance & Painting
The school aims to effect a unique balance between the richness of Indian tradition and new era of Infotech education. Saltlake Shiksha Niketan shall strive for excellence and endeavour to inculcate the spirit of professional advancement in its students.
The vision that inspires our endeavour to create individuals of exceptional intellect, integrity, moral strength and courage who can rise to the challenge. As an educational portal of international standard, we aim to provide a platform of excellence by sowing the seeds of intellect at an early age. To groom and nurture all round growth through cultural, human and moral citizens of tomorrow to meet global challenges of a global society while retaining our rich heritage and ethos.
- The school offers a pragmatic and qualitative all round education to its students.
- All students are challenged to reach their optimum learning ability.
- A congenial climate is created in the school to promote student self esteem, support individual creativity and encourage constructive group interaction.
- The school promotes a programme which encourages the development of a initiative, responsibility and decision making in students. This encourages them to work independently and co-operatively, and develop their creative abilities and communication skills.
- Adequate and well equipped facilities provide for the pursuit of a variety of physically and educationally appropriate co-curricular activities and there by facilitate career orientation, self sufficiency and the development of specific skills.
- The school draws continuously upon contemporary educational developments, while retaining its emphasis on India’s history, culture, art and tradition and consciously exposes students to the best of both.
- The school arrives to develop its students respect for all religions and understanding of the rights and responsibilities involved in being a member of the society.