Nestled in the heart of South Mumbai, near historical August Kranti Maidan,the sprawling campus of B.S.F.I.S. provides a perfect blend of International curriculum and Indian values to the students.By following world class Cambridge Curriculum for Grades I to X (IGSCE) and for Grades AS and A –Levels along with various leadership,sports and cultural programmes B.S.F.I.S. enables every student to unfold and optimise his hidden potentials to prepare them to be world class leaders and innovators.
- Day School
- School provides transportation
- 1 to X grade
- English Medium
- Co-ed School
- Grades: 1-10
- School Day: Monday to Saturday
- Timing: N.A.
- Gender: Co-Educational
- Religion: All
- Principal: Dr. Pragna Mehta
- Curriculum: Indian(CBSE)
- Language: English
- Fees: N.A.
- Computer Labs
- Art / Activity Room
- Maths Lab
- Medical facilities
Extra Curricular Activities
Passion for teaching and love for students are the qualities that mark our faculty. Well qualified and experienced teachers with child-centric approachalong with their constant urge to provide the latest and the best make learning the most enjoyable experience for the students at BSFIS.
Integration of world recognised curriculum of C.I.E. (Cambridge International Examinations) with important aspects of Indian curriculum prepare students to perform well for Cambridge Primary and secondary Ckeckpoints,IGCSE and AS/A Levels as well as various national and international examin ations and olympiads.
Various indoor and outdoor sporting activities instill sporting spirit, values of co-operation and teamwork in students along with training them for healthy competition and recreation. Highly experienced specialised coaches for swimming, skating, cricket,football,basketball,badminton,table-tennis, chess and carrom students and school teams enthusiastically participate and bring laurels in various inter-school tournaments.
Thoughtful and well designed enrichment programme focuses on imparting numerous life-skills to students from cooking to calligraphy. Cultural activities like Dance, Music, art, Craft, Speech and Drama form an important part of curriculum
Health scouts of 'Let's Be Well Red' organize camps for spreading awareness about anemiaand distribution of GudNeSs to combat iron deficiency.Daan Utsav is a donation campaign for the deserving sections of the society.
Developing sensitivity towards world issues by representing various countries and thinking logically to arrive at resolutions are some of the qualities developed by the participants of Model UN. Apart from BSFIS Model UN students also participate in other national level Model UNs.
After school clubs like Robotics Club enhance student skills in areas of technology and engineering. The Band club after school held under professional guidance provides ample practice and scope for innovation.
To impart education by which character is formed ,inner strength is developed,intellect is expanded and students bloom in creative and imaginative experiences provided by stimulating intellectual atmosphere developed by nurturing teachers and latest technology which prepare them to be successful and fruitful citizens of the world.
Our motto "Educate to Excel and Learn to Liberate" is in Sanskrit language and is interpreted as 'Educate to Excel and Learn to Liberate'.
- To nurture and help each child to develop his full potential.
- To support and encourage each child to develop a strong positive self –esteem.
- To facilitate critical and independent thinking and lively curiosity about himself and the world.
- To develop in each child sensitivity to the needs of others, be compassionate and concerned towards the world as well as nature and appreciate diversity and cultural differences.
- To equip children with the skills necessary to live happily and successfully in a challenging and changing world.
- B.S.F.I.S. follows international curriculum of Cambridge Board and students appear for various examinations conducted by CIE (Cambridge International Examination)
- School emphasises learning by doing and child- centered learning which makes the process of education a fun-filled experience.
- Outstanding performance by the students of B.S.F.I.S. allow them to secure admissions in top institutions of Higher studies in India and abroad.
- Grades 8 and above, students are invited to attend summer camps at Oxford and one of the world's largest leadership programme called GYLC (Global Youth Leadership Programme).
- Sports form an integral part of the curriculum and cricket, football, basketball, badminton, table-tennis,swimming, skating and chess are taught by specialised coaches.
- Cultural events,celebration of festivals and special days and enrichment prograsmme enable to inculcate strong cultural values in students.
- Students have brought laurels to school by their outstanding achievements in various inter-school competitions in areas of sports,culture and competitive examinations at state,national and international levels.