SERRA International in Pune, India, is the pre-school arm of the Education Group Edvance, providing early childhood education to children with Reggio Emilia approach. Pre-school also provides an exceptionally nurturing and stimulating environment for children to inquire, think, learn and emerge as confident global citizens flourishing in the competitive world of tomorrow.
- Day School
- School provides transportation
- Play Group to UKG grade
- other Board
- English Medium
- Day School
- Co-ed School
- Student/Teacher ratio: 10:1
- Grades: Playgroup, UKG
- School Day: Monday - Saturday
- Timing: 9am - 11:30am
- Gender: Co-Educational
- Religion: All
- Principal: N.A.
- Curriculum: Indian(CBSE)
- Language: English
- Fees: N.A.
A suite of Eight guiding principles have been established to both guide and serve as a benchmark for delivering world class early childhood education consistently across our pre-school settings. These guiding principles are known as the Eight Big Ideas of our Philosophy:
• We are committed to the pedagogy of listening
• Play is the central mode of learning for young children
• We acknowledge children as sophisticated thinkers and communicators
• We have accountability to children, parents, management and community
• We create alliances with parents
• Our program has intellectual and pedagogical integrity
• We focus on seeing children within a socio-cultural context
• Teachers as researchers
Our Image of the Child enables us to value the uniqueness of each child as both a gift and an opportunity. At SERRA we see a child who:
• is unique
• is rich in potential
• is capable
• is a person with rights and responsibilities
• is active
• is a collaborator
• is a contributor to the community
• is growing and learning
• is creative
• offers new perspectives
Extra Curricular Activities
Our belief is that children learn best through play, when they are actively and joyfully involved and facilitated by teachers to make meaning of their discoveries. As children begin to play with toys - putting together puzzles, building blocks, pretending to be doctors and cooks - they develop language and numeracy skills and explore their environment. At SERRA International, play is the vehicle that drives every child's learning.
SERRA International is proposing an innovative direction in early childhood education where children are respected as competent thinkers and communicators who are offered many opportunities to engage with a range of materials and resources to extend and challenge their thinking.
The SERRA experience ensures strong moral, social, emotional and physical development, transforming children from a fledgling toddler to confident, inquisitive, self-motivated learner and an enthusiastic citizen who faces the world with confidence.