Founded in 1952 and run by the Religious of Jesus & Mary, which in turn was founded by St. Claudine Thevenet -A English medium girls' high school with classes from Nursery to std X
- Day School
- Girls Only
- School provides transportation
- Nursery to X grade
- English Medium
- Girls School
- Grades: Nursery, 1-10
- School Day: Monday - Saturday
- Timing: 10am - 5pm
- Gender: Girls Only
- Religion: All
- Principal: N.A.
- Curriculum: CBSE
- Language: Urdu
- Fees: N.A.
- Excellence in academics is the primary concern of the institution.
- Teachers specialized in subjects are appointed, so as to give the children a strong foundation.
- Teaching aids and audio â€“ visual techniques are extensively used to strengthen the process of learning.
- Our School believes in the principle of child â€“ centered education.
- Students are encouraged to clarify their doubts with the teachers.
- Slow learners are given special coaching and challenging activities are assigned to the scholarly ones.
- Group activity is stressed upon and students get a lot of opportunity to learn through interaction with one another.
- Regular attendance is insisted, as it is essential for academic achievements.
- School functions in a democratic way but without stepping into laissez-faire.
- Prizes are awarded annually in every subject to students who get the highest mark.
- Scholarships are given for the achievers.
Extra Curricular Activities
- House System has been implemented to develop a healthy competitive spirit and co-operation among the children.
- Inter- House competitions are held in Elocutions, Debating a Dramatics, music and dance.
- Two full-fledged musicals - Snow White & Seven Dwarfs and Ali Baba & Forty Thieves successfully produced entirely by School Staff and enacted by several School students
- There are special music teachers for the primary and the secondary section.
- The school choir is an integral part of the school curriculum and is widely appreciated.
- Every year class picnics and excursions are arranged.
- St. Felix had made a mark in the R.S.P rally winning many awards competing with nearly more than 25 schools of Pune city.
- With a view to encourage social service special educative trips to a tribal area / an orphanage / a home for the disabled etc. are arranged for Std IX.
- Children of middle school are given a special training and coaching towards creating an environmental friendly atmosphere.
- Free mid-day meal is provided to the very poor children of the school.
- Every week one class is assigned the duty of conducting the morning assembly.
- Special emphasis is given on various social occasions and daily news in the assembly.
- P.T.A. supports the school in every activity. It arranges medical checkup and special coaching classes for the weaker children.
- The School hall has a seating capacity of over 1000 students
- The auditorium is equipped with the latest lighting, sound and other stage equipment.
- Piano, keyboards and other musical instruments available with the school
* 1951 - Novitiate shifts to Pune from Shimla
* 1952 - Classes started informally under a tree. Came to be
known as Thevenet School. Medium of instruction was
meant to be English but was actually Hindi & Marathi. The
School was co-educational.
* 1961 - Trained full-time Teachers recruited for the first time.
The School was officially named St. Felix on March 8th .
* 1965 - Classes extended upto VII Std.
* 1966 - Maharashtra Government recognition obtained. Becomes
fullfledged girls school.
* 1967 - Thevenet School closed down.
* 1970 - For the first time participates in an inter-school event.
* 1971 - First batch of 18 students appears for SSC board exam.
* 1972 - Revised pattern of "Ten year SSC Course" introduced.
* 1973 - New Basketball court inaugurated.
* 1975 - Both Xth (New) & XIth (Old) Stds. appear for SSC exam.
* 1976 - New School building inaugurated on March 2nd.
* 1977 - During the academic year several new schemes
Group system with more scope for inter-action is followed
for teaching of Value Education.
Work experience classes (Cookery & Knitting).
Open Day dialogue between Parents & Teachers regarding
Structured functioning of House system. News for the day.
* 1984 - Playway method introduced in Nursery & KG classes.
* 1986 - Computer course started in School.
* 1991 - 2 Divisions for each class sanctioned by ZP.
* 1997 - Parent Teachers Association (PTA) formed.
* 2000 - New Hall inaugurated. KG classes shifted to Hall annexe.
* 2001 - New Sports ground inaugurated.
* 2002 - School joyously celebrates Golden Jubilee.
School presented its first full-length musical - 'Snow White
and the Seven Dwarfs'. The production and casting was
entirely through internal resources - staff and students.
* 2004 - School presented its second full-length musical - 'Ali Baba
and the 40 Thieves'. Again an internal effort completely.